Kaizen | Six Sigma | Lean Management | Training & Consulting | Operational Excellence

Global Leader & Pioneer in Kaizen/Lean/Operational Excellence domain

Index of Eight Core Industrties

Leave a comment

                              Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2004-05=100)
                                                        December 2012

1. The summarized Index of Eight Core Industries with 2004-05 base is given at the Annexure.

2. The Eight core industries have a combined weight of 37.90 per cent in the Index of Industrial Production (IIP). The combined Index was 154.6 in December 2012 with a growth rate of 2.6% compared to their 4.9% growth in December 2011. The decline in growth in December, 2012 was on account of negative growth witnessed in the production of Coal, Natural Gas and Fertilizers. 

During April-December 2012-13, the cumulative growth rate of the Core industries was 3.3 % compared to their growth at 4.8% during the corresponding period in 2011-12.

Coal

3. Coal production (weight: 4.38%) registered a growth of (-) 0.2% in December 2012 compared to its growth at 5.5% in December 2011. In  cumulative terms, Coal production recorded a growth of 5.7% during April-December 2012-13 compared to its growth at (-) 2.7% during the same period of 2011-12. 

Crude Oil

4. Crude Oil production (weight: 5.22%) registered a growth of 1.0% in December 2012 compared to its (-) 5.6% growth in December 2011. Cumulatively, Crude Oil production recorded a growth of (-) 0.4% during April-December 2012-13 compared to its growth at 1.9% during the same period of 2011-12.

Natural Gas

5. The growth rate of Natural Gas production (weight: 1.71%) was negative both in December, 2012 at (-) 14.9% and in December 2011 at (-) 10.8%. Cumulatively also, Natural Gas production registered a negative growth of (-) 13.3% during April-December 2012-13 and (-) 8.8% during the same period of 2011-12.

Petroleum Refinery Products (0.93% of Crude Throughput)*

6. Petroleum refinery production (weight: 5.94%) had a growth of 5.0% in December 2012 compared to its growth at 0.7% in December 2011. In cumulative terms, Petroleum refinery production registered a growth of 6.9% during April-December 2012-13 compared to its 4.0% growth during the same period of 2011-12.

Fertilizers

7. Fertilizer production (weight: 1.25%) registered a growth of (-) 3.8% in December 2012 against its growth at 0.8% in December 2011. Cumulatively, Fertilizer production registered a growth of (-) 3.4% during April-December 2012-13 compared to its (-) 0.5% growth during the same period of 2011-12.

Steel (Alloy + Non-Alloy)

8. Steel production (weight: 6.68%) had a growth rate of 5.2% in December 2012 against its 10.2% growth in December 2011. Cumulatively, Steel production registered 3.6% growth during AprilDecember 2012-13 compared to its 9.1% growth during the same period of 2011-12.

Cement

9. Cement production (weight: 2.41%) registered a growth of 3.9% in December 2012 against its 13.6% growth in December 2011. The cumulative growth of Cement Production was 6.1% during AprilDecember 2012-13 compared to its 5.8% growth during the same period of 2011-12.

Electricity

10. Electricity generation (weight: 10.32%) had a 4.4% growth in December 2012 compared to its 8.9% growth in December 2011. The cumulative growth of Electricity generation was 4.6% during AprilDecember 2012-13 compared to its 9.3% growth during the same period of 2011-12.

* RPL (SEZ) with refining capacity 29MMT was commissioned on 25.12.2008 but crude throughput not reported by the refinery and not included in production for entire period.

N.B: Data are provisional. Revision has been made based on revised data obtained

Detailed report: http://www.eaindustry.nic.in/eight_core_infra/Eight_Infra.pdf 

Source: Govt of India – Ministry of Commerce

Advertisements

Author: Kaizen Institute - India!

Kaizen Institute – India is part of the Global Kaizen Institute operations. Kaizen Institute was established by Sensei Masaaki Imai, the GURU of Kaizen. He wrote the 1st book 28 yrs ago and that is when it all started . We operate in 30+ countries today and have over 400+ coaches helping more then 600 organizations Learn, Apply, Sustain – Kaizen/ Operational Excellence. In India we have two physical offices – Pune & Ahmedabad and 27 coaches in all.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s