This article is in continuation of the article posted earlier on July 21st and 28th July which focused on Job Instruction & Job Methods:
Now let’s learn more about Job Relations
FOUNDATIONS FOR GOOD RELATIONS
Let Each Worker Know How He/ She is getting along
Figure out what you expect of the person point out ways to improve
Given Credit When Due
- Look for extra or unusual performance
- Tell the person while it’s “hot”
Tell people in Advance about Charges that Will Affect Them
- Tell them why if possible
- Work with them to accept the change
Make Best Use of Each Person’s Ability
- Look for abilities not now being used
- Never stand in a person’s way
Step 1 – GET THE FACTS
- Review the record
- Find out what rules & customs apply
- Talk with the individuals concerned
- Get opinions & feelings
Be sure you have the whole story
Step 2 – WEIGH & DECIDE
- Fit the facts together
- Consider their bearings on each other
- What possible actions are there?
- Check practices & policies
- Consider objective & effect on individual
- Group & production
Don’t jump to solutions
Step 3 – TAKE ACTION
- Are you going to handle this yourself?
- Do you need help in handling?
- Should you refer this to your supervisor?
- What the timing of your action
Don’t pass the buck
Step 4 – CHECK RESULTS
- How soon will you follow-up?
- How often will you need to check?
- Watch for changes in output, attitudes & Relationships.
Did you action help production
Acknowledgement: Courtesy: TWI
To visit our website click here.