India has a great diversity in the maturity levels within different industries. There are some that are mature, but most pursue Operational Excellence (OE) in bits & pieces. They follow random, tool based, isolated improvements without effective employee engagement & without aligning efforts to serve business priorities.
Far too often the greatest challenge faced by the CEOs is “Sustaining Change”. This happens because of absence of structured process control, problem solving routines managed by those closest to the processes. The root cause lies in the following tendencies:
- Prevalent mindsets of ‘managing by results’. Traditional managers proudly proclaim themselves to be ‘result oriented managers’; never realizing that results are but a byproduct of processes!
- Prevalent tendency to treat people on the workplace without respect. Indian labor laws have created two classes of workmen, commonly described as ‘permanent’ and ‘contract’. The ‘contract’ manpower is temporary hands anyway; even the ‘permanent’ ones are not trusted enough to be allowed to control their own processes autonomously.
- Absence of ‘Standard Work’. Quality system requirements have brought in SOPs, but they are rarely prepared by users! They are made by engineers in English (not the local lingo), are full of text & confined to files – which emerge only during external audits! SOPs are not ‘Standard Work’.
- Visual Controls are not understood, & consequently, very poorly practiced. The visuals that are put up do not aid process ‘control’!
With its focus on Operational Excellence and theme of “Sustained Operational Excellence – Key to long-term success of ‘Make in India’”, the India Business Unit and Global leader in Operational Excellence, Kaizen Institute is all set to present INDIZEN 2015, the 6th National Convention on Operational Excellence scheduled on 17th and 18th February @ Hotel Hyatt Regency, Pune, India.
Explaining about the theme for the event, Mr. Vinod Grover, Founding Director, Kaizen Institute India, said, “The Indian Prime Minister is passionately promoting ‘Make in India’ as one of the key components of his governments’ strategy to accelerate Indian economic growth. He also looks at this as a means to generating employment opportunities for millions of Indian youth entering the job market every year!
Initial investment in setting up manufacturing facilities has to be the current focus. However, unless the Indian made goods match up to the demand of quality, cost & delivery expected by the world market, all these opportunities will be short-lived. Being operationally excellent is a pre-requisite for global competitiveness. However, the real challenge is retaining the competitiveness for the long haul. There are hundreds of books that teach the tools of OE, but there are few that teach the tools/ methods/ practices/ of sustaining OE.
Given this background, Kaizen Institute India decided to explore the theme ‘Sustained Operational Excellence – Key to long-term success of ‘Make in India’ for IndiZen 2015.
About IndiZEN 2015
This event brings you an inspiring opening & closing keynote speakers, face-to-face Q&As with India’s leading Operational Excellence (OE) experts. There are three tracks in this two days event:
- Knowledge/ Learning tracks,
- Excellence Inside Tours(visit world class facilities/ factories as Seeing is Believing!), and the most awaited
- National OE Case Study Competition. This national convention will give you everything you need to be more focused, energized and successful in the domain of Operational Excellence.
We invite you to IndiZEN 2015, 6th National Convention on Operational Excellence where you can learn more about the “Sustained Operational Excellence”, share your learning & experience & network with like-minded people. IndiZEN 2015 is going to be the place to learn about the ways to sustain operational excellence. You will gain insights on how you can become an active learning organization and build the capability of your people by engaging their hearts & minds.
IndiZEN 2015 has become one of India’s most important annual gatherings of professionals and experts in the Operational Excellence/ Lean/ KAIZEN domain. IndiZEN 2015 will be the sixth edition, and is now accepted by the industry as the platform for leaders in the Operational Excellence domain to share, learn and network.
About Kaizen Institute
Kaizen Institute is the Global Pioneer in the Operational Excellence domain with a presence in Thirty+ countries, with nearly three decades of Leadership in this domain. We have developed concepts, intellectual models and published books that are considered the industry gold standard. Round the globe we are supporting thousands of organization to implement their Operational Excellence/ Manufacturing Excellence/ Continuous Improvement/Lean strategies, dove tailing into their Business Excellence initiatives.
Block your dates, be there to learn & find the real key to Sustainability.
P.S. If your leaders and colleagues are also interested in this subject, do them a favor and share this link. They may thank you for your concern and initiative.
Looking for more info on Kaizen/Lean/Operational Excellence? Click here